We offer you a journey to the heart of Greenland, where winter is cold and the hearts of people are warm.
We are riding a snowmobile to the settlement, walking over the sea ice to see northern lights, eating local food, meeting the local families, entertaining evenings with traditional songs, dances, and games.
The highlight of the trip is a dogsled journey with a local from the settlement and his dogs.
In Oqaatsut you will be accommodated in a local house that has been converted into a B&B, with private rooms for 1 or 2 people and a big living room where we all eat breakfast and enjoy spare time, with views of the frozen sea and the mountains in the back. The meals are cooked by local families and our guide will be your translator to talk with them in Greenlandic.
One of the nights we will walk in from the settlement on the frozen sea, to find the best spot to see our shades under the full moon or observe the natural phenomena of the Northern Lights.
The second day, our full day in the settlement, we do something unique: dogsledding. A local musher will take you with his dogs on an unforgettable journey through the untouched surroundings of Oqaatsut.
The last day, we depart from Oqaatsut, saying goodbye to these cold and beautiful surroundings and its warm and welcoming inhabitants. We ride back with our snowmobiles to Ilulissat, a journey with great scenery, ideal as a farewell for these three authentic days in the settlement.
No previous experience is required. We provide all the equipment and our experienced guide will teach how to drive the snowmobile and ride on the dogsled.
In Oqaatsut you will be accommodated in a local house that has been converted into a B&B, with private rooms for 1 or 2 people and a big living room
Includes all the equipment for snowmobile activity (snowmobile, helmet, extra warm jacket and pants, mittens and boots) and dogsledding (sled, dogs, musher, extra warm jacket and pants, mittens and boots), 2 nights in a B&B, 2 breakfasts, 3 meals with local food and local English speaking guide.
- First upper layer (thermal shirt, wool or synthetic)
- First lower layer (thermal pants, wool or synthetic)
- Thick socks (wool is ideal)
- Second upper l-ayer (fleece)
- Second lower layer (hiking/ski pants)
- Third layer jacket (Primaloft or down)
- Third layer pants (wind and water proof pants)
- Fourth layer jacket (wind and water proof jacket)
- Warm gloves or mittens
- Sunglasses and sun protection
- Prescription medication and other personal health items.
- Personal clothes and hygiene items for 3 days and 2 nights.
- Money to buy snacks, refreshments or other items in the local shop (not mandatory).
(Please inform us if you have any medical condition that could affect you during the activity).