(Dogsledding night 2h)
Arctic nights awake our senses and make us be more aware. We can feel and hear new things, and it’s then when dogsledding becomes a completely new experience. No matter how the landscape of Ilulissat looks like: maybe dotted with stars, full moon or even northern lights. In this unforgettable journey you will connect with the dogs and the environment around you.
Dogsledding has been, and still is, an essential tool for winter travelling in Greenland. And in the night you will notice even more what happens around you: how the dogs run at a pace, how the musher directs the team of dogs, how the sled slides through the snow and the ice. Feel the night. Feel dogsledding.
In the middle of the wilderness, where silence is all around us, we will have hot drinks and biscuits, tell Inuit stories and talk about the nature and lifestyle of Greenland. And if Sila allows us, we will witness the spectacular phenomenon of the northern lights from our scenic viewpoint.
No previous experience is required. We provide all the equipment and our experienced guide will teach you everything you need to know about the dogsled.
Includes all the equipment: Musher, dogsled, dogs, extra warm jacket and pants, mittens, boots, hot drinks, snacks and English speaking guide.
- First upper layer (thermal shirt, wool or synthetic)
- First lower layer (thermal pants, wool or synthetic)
- Thick socks (wool is ideal)
- Second upper l-ayer (fleece)
- Second lower layer (hiking/ski pants)
- Third layer jacket (Primaloft or down)
- Third layer pants (wind and water proof pants)
- Fourth layer jacket (wind and water proof jacket)
- Warm gloves or mittens
- Prescription medication and other personal health items.
(Please inform us if you have any medical condition that could affect you during the activity).