WHAT IS INCLUDEDIncludes boat transfer to Oqaatsut and back with a boat, all the kayaking gear for Arctic conditions (double sea kayak, paddle, thermal suit, life-jacket, boots and gloves), lunch in a local family house, English speaking guide and a USB with the pictures of the tour taken by our guide.
Price 2795 KrBOOK NOW
Do you want to live an authentic Greenlandic experience? Explore the Arctic nature and Inuit culture paddling among icebergs, visit an authentic Inuit settlement and enjoy a traditional Greenlandic lunch.
Kayak around the bay of Oqaatsut and its impressive icebergs, visit a local family and learn about their lifestyle as you share their meal and sail back to Ilulissat with astonishing views of Oqaatsut and Disko Island.
Our experienced and certified kayaking guides, modern expedition equipment and safety protocols will make it possible for you to kayak in the beautiful surroundings of Oqaatsut, full of nature and with a unique peaceful atmosphere.
This activity is suitable for you even if you have never been on a kayak before. Besides, our guides will introduce you to the life of the settlement and be your translator to talk to some of the local families who live all year around here.
- Season: Summer (01/06/2018 - 15/09/2018)
- Duration: 7 hours (2 hours in the water paddling)
- Time of Departure: 9:00
- Meeting point: PGI Greenland office, Ilulissat
- Minimum number of clients: 2
- Maximum number of clients: 10
- Level of difficulty: 2/5 (moderate)
- Minimum age: There´s no minimum age, but children should be at least 1.50m tall and always be accompanied by one adult.
- Price per person: 2795 kr.
WHAT TO BRING AND OTHER TIPS
- First upper layer (thermal shirt, wool or synthetic)
- First lower layer (thermal pants, wool or synthetic)
- Thick socks (wool is ideal)
- Sunglasses and sun protection
- Prescription medication and other personal health items.
- Please inform us if you have any medical condition that could affect you during the activity.