ILULISSAT KAYAKING EVENING
Paddle in a kayak and witness the overwhelming beauty of icebergs coming from the Ilulissat Icefiord.
Kayaking in Ilulissat is a unique activity for two reasons. The first one is very obvious, kayaking is possibly the best way to experience the Ilulissat Icefiord (UNESCO World Heritage Site). Being at the sea level, without any noise and just using your own body to sail among icebergs. The second one, perhaps not that known among people visiting us, is that 4000 years ago people already used kayaks for travelling and hunting here in Ilulissat.
Our experienced and certified kayaking guides, modern expedition equipment and safety protocols will make it possible for you to kayak among icebergs, even if you have never been on a kayak before. Besides, they will introduce you to the fascinating world of the original kayak “qajaq”, invented in Greenland and made out of drifting wood and animal skin.
We start meeting at PGI Greenland office and gearing up. After a short walk to the charming historic center of Ilulissat, we will start our activity, which embraces all the wonders from this destination. In our tour you will paddle in a kayak (a Greenlandic typical mean of transport) while you will witness the overwhelming beauty of icebergs coming from the Ilulissat Icefiord.
- Season: Summer (01/06/2018 - 15/09/2018)
- Duration: 3 hours (2 hours in the water paddling)
- Time of Departure: 18:00 or 20:00
- Meeting point: PGI Greenland office, Ilulissat
- Minimum number of clients: 2
- Maximum number of clients: 10
- Level of difficulty: 2/5 (moderate)
- Minimum age: There´s no minimum age, but children should be at least 1.50m tall and always be accompanied by one adult.
- Price per person: 1345 kr.
Ilulissat kayaking evening
WHAT TO BRING AND OTHER TIPS
- First upper layer (thermal shirt, wool or synthetic)
- First lower layer (thermal pants, wool or synthetic)
- Thick socks (wool is ideal)
- Sunglasses and sun protection
- Prescription medication and other personal health items.
- Please inform us if you have any medical condition that could affect you during the activity.