ILULISSAT KAYAKING MORNING
Paddle in a kayak and witness the overwhelming beauty of icebergs coming from the Ilulissat Icefjord.
Kayaking in Ilulissat is a unique activity for two reasons. The first one is very obvious, kayaking is possibly the best way to experience the Ilulissat Icefjord (UNESCO World Heritage Site). Being at the sea level, without any sound and just using your own body to sail among icebergs, makes it very special.
The second one, perhaps not that known among people visiting us, is that 4,000 years ago, people already used “qajaat” (traditional kayaks) for travelling and hunting here in Ilulissat.
Our experienced and certified kayaking guides, modern expedition equipment and safety protocols make it possible for you to kayak among icebergs, even if you have never been on a kayak before. Besides, they will introduce you to the fascinating world of the original kayak “qajaq”, invented in Greenland and made out of drifting wood and animal skin.
We start meeting at PGI Greenland office and gearing up. After a short walk to the charming historic center of Ilulissat, we will start our activity, which embraces all the wonders from this destination.
Join us in a unique experience in Ilulissat!
* The duration of our activities includes the time to gear-up/ dress-up, safety briefings and transfers to departure points. The time spent in the water paddling is 2 hours.
- Season: Summer (01/06/2018 - 15/09/2018)
- Duration: 3 hours (2 hours in the water paddling)
- Time of Departure: 10:00
- Meeting point: PGI Greenland office, Ilulissat
- Minimum number of clients: 2
- Maximum number of clients: 10
- Level of difficulty: 2/5 (moderate)
- Minimum age: There´s no minimum age, but children should be at least 1.50m tall and always be accompanied by one adult.
- Price per person: 1345 kr.
Ilulissat kayaking morning
WHAT TO BRING AND OTHER TIPS
- First upper layer (thermal shirt, wool or synthetic)
- First lower layer (thermal pants, wool or synthetic)
- Thick socks (wool is ideal)
- Sunglasses and sun protection
- Prescription medication and other personal health items.
- Please inform us if you have any medical condition that could affect you during the activity.