WHAT IS INCLUDEDGuided hike from Ilulissat to Oqaatsut, boat transfer back to Ilulissat, lunch-pack for the hiking (sandwich and soup made with local ingredients), traditional dinner and lunch with local ingredients, night in a B&B (breakfast included), kayaking gear for Arctic conditions (kayak, paddle, thermal suit, dry suit, life-jacket, boots and gloves), English speaking guide and a USB with the pictures of the tour taken by our guide.
Price 4950 KrBOOK NOW
ARCTIC OUTDOOR ADVENTURE (Hiking & kayaking, 2 days)
Cecilia was a girl who lived with her family in Oqaatsut, a small settlement north of Ilulissat. The story tells that one night, Cecilia’s father was severely ill. In a desperate call for getting help, Cecilia ran the 20 kilometers that separate these two villages. In memory of Cecilia’s story, this trail that goes from one village to the other has been called after her.
On the first day of our program, we invite you to walk with us, accompanied by our local guide, and take you through the fauna, flora and stories of this untouched landscape: a bay full of blue icebergs, rivers where fish run up for migration, Arctic flowers in the middle of tundra fields, metamorphosed rocks polished by the action of glaciers. Once in Oqaatsut we settle down in our rooms and have a traditional dinner, with free time to walk around the settlement.
Next day, after breakfast, we all meet to go out kayaking. Our experienced and certified kayaking guides, modern expedition equipment and safety protocols make it possible for you to kayak in the beautiful surroundings of Oqaatsut, full of nature and with a unique peaceful atmosphere.
We then visit a family of the settlement and enjoy a traditional lunch made with local ingredients. After our lovely meal, we will be ready to head back by boat to Ilulissat.
- Season: Summer (01/06/2018 - 15/09/2018)
- Duration: 2 days (2 hours in the water paddling)
- Time of Departure: 9:00
- Meeting point: PGI Greenland office, Ilulissat
- Minimum number of clients: 2
- Maximum number of clients: 8
- Level of difficulty: 3/5 (Challenging)
- Minimum age: There´s no minimum age, but children should be at least 1.50m tall and always be accompanied by one adult.
- Price per person: 4950 kr.
Arctic outdoor Adventure
WHAT TO BRING AND OTHER TIPS
- First upper layer (thermal shirt, wool or synthetic)
- First lower layer (thermal pants, wool or synthetic)
- Thick socks (wool is ideal)
- Sunglasses and sun protection
- Prescription medication and other personal health items.
- Please inform us if you have any medical condition that could affect you during the activity.