What is included
Includes all the equipment: Musher, dogsled, dogs, extra warm jacket and pants, mittens, boots, hot drinks, snacks and English speaking guide.
Price 350 Kr
Dogsledding First Steps
In this unforgettable journey, we travel with you to the roots of the Inuit lifestyle. Dogsledding has been, and still is, an essential tool for winter, travelling in Arctic regions. For us it is important that you, as a visitor to Ilulissat, get involved with its people and take time to immerse yourself in the local culture through activities such as dogsledding. It is not only about the ride, but also about learning about the art of dogsledding. Our guide speaks fluent English and will explain and show you which are the steps to follow before starting a dogsled journey: how dogsleds are built, how to maintain and fix them, how to use the whip (a good use of the whip never touches the dogs), how to take care of the dogs, how to feed them and how to educate them.
Once you have experienced and learned about the preparation, everything is ready to start our journey. The backcountry of Ilulissat offers great landscapes to be discovered, and we give you all the ingredients to make that possible. Dogsledding is probably the most authentic way to explore the snowy valleys, mountains, frozen lakes, fjords and the sea ice around Ilulissat.
The route we choose will always depend on snow and ice conditions. Our main choice is going to the UNESCO site in Ilulissat, where we can find astonishing views of the Icefjord with a vibrant winter atmosphere. In our favourite spot we will have a break with hot drinks and biscuits.
Dogsledding First Steps
WHAT TO BRING AND OTHER TIPS
- First upper layer (thermal shirt, wool or synthetic)
- First lower layer (thermal pants, wool or synthetic)
- Thick socks (wool is ideal)
- Second upper l-ayer (fleece)
- Second lower layer (hiking/ski pants)
- Third layer jacket (Primaloft or down)
- Third layer pants (wind and water proof pants)
- Fourth layer jacket (wind and water proof jacket)
- Warm gloves or mittens
- Sunglasses and sun protection
- Prescription medication and other personal health items.
- (Please inform us if you have any medical condition that could affect you during the activity).
Here goes any textHere goes any textHere goes any textHere goes any textHere goes any textHere goes any textHere goes any textHere goes any text.